Knee cartilage regeneration home remedy
What is a Knee cartilage regeneration home remedy? Does it exist in an effective way? Is it possible to regenerate the knee cartilage? And if so how much effect will it have? Let’s find out en let’s dive into this article…
Are you suffering from knee cartilage damage? If yes, then you have hit the right place this time. Knee joints are one of the most remarkable structures of our body which make us capable of performing so many different motions and functions.
However, the frequency of joint problems and cartilage damage has increased in the past few years. Cartilage damage was earlier common among the people of forty plus community, but today it has tended to affect even the younger generation too.
Cartilage damage is a very painful affair and must be treated carefully. Here we are with the best knee cartilage regeneration home remedy, foods, and tips that you can practice in your home and get going with your knee again!
What exactly is cartilage?
Before moving on to the solutions of repairing or regenerating the cartilages, it is important that you understand what exactly cartilages is and how can it can be regenerated.
The bones in our joints undergo continuous rubbing with each other, causing a considerable amount of friction. This might end up in damaging your bones and restricting proper joint movement as well.
Thanks to the substance called cartilage that keeps our joints protected and making our movements swift and effortless.
Cartilage is a combination of sugar and proteins that are capable of bearing tremendous pressure. The cartilages are also present in the areas like the nose, outer ear and the joints which are prone to get damaged and wear out.
The problem of cartilage damage is generally seen in elderly people due to body deterioration and in athletes who have to do daily physical activities. However, inactivity and lack of certain proteins in our body are leading to knee cartilage damage in the people of all age groups.
Can knee cartilages be regenerated?
If this is the question that you are looking for then the answer to it is yes! The knee cartilages can be regenerated but only if you take proper measurements towards it.
It is said that the cartilage damage cannot be readily repaired by a human body as there is no blood supply in these tissues. No blood flow means any supply of regeneration-promoting factors making the condition even worse.
However, the knee cartilage health can be improved by putting in some efforts and using the effective knee cartilages home remedy. Then You can effectively regenerate the knee cartilage health by following a proper diet and continuous exercise without having to undergo any kind of surgery.
Sidenote: However, if your condition is way too serious then undergoing a cartilage repairing surgery would be a smart and safe option.
What are the best knee cartilage regeneration home remedies?
Most of the people suffering from this ailment find themselves in a dilemma of whether they should be going for the cartilage improving supplements or the home remedies. Well, the supplements are undoubtedly the best way to incorporate the required nutrients into your body, but offcourse providing free home remedies will support the knee cartilage supplements
By practicing the simple home remedies, you will not only get effective results but together with the knee cartilage supplements you also improve your overall health and happyness
In case you are wondering about the solutions to build the knee cartilage health naturally, we are here with the best foods and exercise to help you get better in a delicious way.
You could definitely use these foods and exercise to repair the damaged cartilage naturally.
Best Foods that help rebuild cartilage
- Oranges – vitamin C is best known for cellular healing and oranges are the best source of vitamin C. They help in the production of collagen, which is important for the regeneration of the knee cartilage. The vitamins present in oranges can give quick results to you. Other fruits rich in vitamin C can also be a good option.
- Green tea – we all know that green tea is an important source of antioxidants, which are no less than a blessing to our body. When it comes to the protection of youth and detoxification of our body, nothing can be better than green tea. Apart from the antioxidants, other things such as catechins and polyphenols are said to be very effective in the regeneration of cartilage tissues in our body.
- Pumpkin seeds – the pumpkin seeds are rich in hyaluronic acid, which is best known to produce lubrication between the joints, providing better movements and regenerating the knee cartilage. These seeds are also helpful in aiding any issue related to our body.
- Pomegranate – apart from being so delicious, pomegranate is a full pack of goodness in itself. It is a very important source of antioxidant and is also rich in anti-inflammatory properties. Its goodness has proved very beneficial in the regeneration of the knee cartilage and also helps in enhancing the hemoglobin level of the body.
- Brussels sprouts – these sprouts are a very good source of vitamin K which is essential in maintaining the bone and joint health. Season these sprouts with a little bit of olive oil for better results. Olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties, making the cartilage repairing quick and effective. It can be said as the most powerful food for the purpose of cartilage repair.
- Nuts – nuts such as sesame seeds, almonds, etc. Are very rich sources of magnesium, which is a great help in absorbing the hyaluronic acid. This acid is said to be really effective in increasing the lubrication between joints, making the movement swift and regenerating the knee cartilage. In order to increase the lubricating power of synovial fluid, magnesium is really important in the body and nuts are a great source of magnesium.
- Legumes – these help our body in two ways. They are anti-inflammatory as well as high on protein, helping greatly in the synthesis of collagen. It reduces joint inflammation and helps in regeneration of the knee cartilages and helps you in getting relief from the discomfort and pain.
After reading about these foods, you could have understood the benefits that you get along with a great taste.
In taking these foods on a regular basis will help you in not only improving the cartilage health, but I also maintaining your tissue health in a better way. If you are in the initial stages of knee cartilage damage, then nothing can be better than the foods mentioned above.
What are the best exercises for knee cartilage regeneration at home?
Foods are no doubt best way in which you can revive the health of your knee cartilage, but you won’t be getting the desired result until you do not exercise in the proper manner. Regular and steady exercise is important to keep your joints alive and to regulate the proper blood flow.
Keeping in mind the importance of exercise, here are some of the best exercises that you can do at your home in order to regenerate your knee cartilage.
These are simple and safe to do:
- The flex and extend exercise – it is the most basic and simple exercise that you can do whenever you want. All you have to do is to sit on a chair or an elevated area where your feet do not touch the ground. Now start bending the knee and then extending it farther. Try to extend it as much as you can and repeat the process for about 15 to 20 times every day.
- The leg extension– to carry out this exercise, you have to sit on a chair with a stool beside. Place the heels on the stool with a rolled up towel on it. Stretch your leg as far as you can. Repeat the exercise and keep increasing the duration till it stops paining. It is suggested that you do this exercise in a professional supervisory and stop it immediately if the pain increases or you feel uncomfortable.
- Heel slide – Lie down on a flat surface and then bend your knee. Make sure that you touch your feet to the ground and then slowly slide your heels towards your bumps and back. Make sure that you do not overdo this exercise, but increase the number gradually.
- Calf extension – for this you will have to stand at a distance from the wall. Bend one leg, which is in front of you and then stretches the other leg which is behind. Hold the pose for 30 seconds or as long as you can till it starts hurting. Keep doing it alternatively for each leg and repeat the exercise daily.
These are simple exercises that will help you in reducing pain and building the knee cartilage very effectively. The above-given knee cartilage regeneration home remedies are undoubtedly effective and helpful, however, if your condition is beyond control and the situation is getting severe then it is recommended that you might go for the various supplements available in the market and take the help of surgeries if needed.
Our bones and joints are an important part of our body and we must take care of them as best as we can. Therefore, include the above-given foods and exercises in your daily routine and see the difference.